I want this tattoo so badly.
This is so weird, but I absolutely love this picture
This is quite interesting, that’s for sure.
It’s about that time where I get a tattoo again. It’s typical for me to not get something unless I draw it myself, but I believe I want to make an exception this time.
I need you, my dear friends, to help me bring my idea to life!
Here’s what I want:
I’m a Libra, and therefore I believe a Libra tattoo is overdue. I don’t want your glyph tattoo like this ♎, nor do I want a basic image of a pair of scales (too many people go with those options, no?). I want an elaborate, gorgeous masterpiece that spans across the entire length of my arm or a good portion of my back (location is unimportant at the moment).
Allow me to provide you with background on the Libra…
Astræa, the daughter of Zeus and Themis/Eos and Astræus, is the virginal, innocent goddess of justice and the ambassador of the Golden Age. At the end of the Iron Age, she left the Earth because of how evil humanity had become, and went to the cosmos and became Virgo. The scales which she held in her hand became the constellation of Libra.
And now that you know the ancient history, it’s time for the basic stuff…
- Libra is one of the four Cardinal signs (next to Capricorn, Aries and Cancer), meaning when the sun passes through it, the seasons on Earth change. When that happens with Libra, autumn begins in the northern hemisphere and spring begins in the southern hemisphere.
- The glyph ♎ symbolizes symmetry and balance.
- My sign is masculine, extroverted and and expressive.
- My sign is a humane sign, which is typically associated with intellectualism, grace and courteousness.
- My sign is an air sign, which is associated with ideas, thought, intellectualism and and interaction.
- Libra is the seventh sign in the horoscope.
- Libra is ruled by Venus (see planetary glyphs below).
With that said, I would also like to incorporate my mother’s sign somehow (Leo ♌)…
- Masculine sign, therefore an extrovert and expressive.
- Leo is the lion.
- A fire sign, therefore energetic, warm, a visionary with intuition.
- Leo is ruled by the Sun.
- The glyph is said to represent two halves of the heart, as Leos rule the heart.
- The Leo is a bestial sign, meaning they lack social graces and sometimes manners. They care more about getting their point across than being nice about doing it.
- The Leo is a fixed sign, and therefore it is summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere.
- Leo is the fifth astrological sign.
It’s important to note that my mother is the most important person in my life, and I love her with all my heart.
I would also like to incorporate my little brother’s sign (Sagittarius ♐)…
- Sagittarius is the archer.
- It’s the ninth sign in the cycle.
- The glyph is the bow and arrow of the archer.
- Sagittarius is also masculine, and therefore is an extrovert and expressive.
- It too is a fire sign, and so it’s warm, energetic, has intuition and is a visionary.
- The sign is a Mutable sign, which means it’s between autumn and winter in the northern hemisphere and spring and summer in the southern hemisphere
- The Sagittarius is a centaur, and is therefore bestial, bi-corporeal and feral. They lack social graces, like the Leo; all mutable signs are bi-corporeal (double bodied) as they share the seasons; and they are feral because a Sagittarius is typically insensitive, lacks empathy and is wild.
- The Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter.
Since you now have the general idea of the Libra, the Leo and the Sagittarius, I would absolutely love it if anyone could throw some ideas my way as to how to incorporate all this into a super-elaborate tattoo! Either you could draw it up and send the picture to me, or describe it to me and I can draw it. It would be really helpful if a lot of people could pitch in!
If you want anymore information on the signs, just Google them yourself.
October 7, 1993
July 30, 1970
November 29, 2000